Our smiles are one of the first things people notice about us. When teeth insecurities disrupt our ability to express our joy with a wide smile, it’s time to consider cosmetic dentistry. From minor imperfections like staining to larger-scale issues like decay, cosmetic dentistry includes a variety of solutions that will restore and enhance your beautiful smile. Today, cosmetic dentistry can be achieved with very minor and conservative techniques however the impact can be tremendous.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Rather than preventative care and cleaning like general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry focuses on the overall appearance of the teeth. Not only does this practice improve the appearance of your smile, but also the functionality, which can alleviate discomfort. With that said, these cosmetic procedures are elective rather than medically necessary. Smile Solutions has a process of prioritizing procedures depending on everyone’s needs. Cosmetic dentistry is the final step once the foundation is healthy and ready to be restored with elective cosmetic procedures which can be discussed during a visit.
Can Cosmetic Dental Procedures Improve Your Oral Health?
Although cosmetic dental procedures are performed to improve the appearance of your teeth, resolving flaws in your smile caused by tooth decay or loss will improve your overall dental health and function at the same time
What Does a Typical Appointment Look Like for Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you have missing, cracked, chipped, or discolored teeth or want a broader smile, you will first meet with a professional to determine the best cosmetic dental treatment. Most procedures are pretty simple, but depending on your needs and the severity of the damage, the solution may be more complex. During the initial consultation, they will ask about your medical history, take x-rays, and examine your bite, teeth, and gums. The state of your oral health will impact your recommended course of action. The procedure itself may take multiple sessions before it’s complete. There are multiple ways you can improve your smile. The Smile Solutions team will help you understand each option and customise it accordingly.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Teeth whitening is a straightforward procedure you can do in the comfort of your own home. Special trays are made using molds of your actual teeth that you will fill with a whitening gel. The strength of the gel needed will determine how long you wear it.
- Veneers are a material that is fitted, placed over a tooth, and bonded to cover imperfections. They mimic natural teeth and can enhance your smile by making your teeth whiter, fuller, and straighter. Veneers are long-lasting and durable, making them one of the most sought-after procedures.
- Dental Implants are a permanent tooth replacement option. Not replacing a missing tooth leaves gaps in your smile and leads to bone loss in the jaw bone, which can change your facial structure.
- Dental Bridges are also used to fill gaps in your smile. They use the surrounding teeth to support a dental crown to fill the space.
- Dental Crowns cover an entire tooth to protect it after it has been treated for a root canal. Crowns are also sometimes used to alter a tooth, similar to a porcelain veneer.
- Composite Veneers is a conservative technique that the shape of the tooth can be restored with a resin material that resembles your natural tooth color. It’s more affordable vs the porcelain veneer and can last for years. Composite veneers have the ability to lighten your teeth, fix broken teeth, and improve function. During an evaluation we can let you know if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Schedule a Consultation for Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments with Smile Solutions of Maine
Smile Solutions of Maine offers a competitive array of dental services in the Waterville and Winthrop, Maine, area. From cosmetic dentistry to emergency services, we use advanced technology to provide our patients with the most accurate and efficient care. We are always accepting new patients, so call today to discuss how we can uplift your smile with cosmetic dentistry services.