Dazzle Everyone You Meet with a Truly Stunning Smile
Dental veneers are a fantastic option for people that want a minimally invasive, long-lasting solution to their cosmetic dental problems. You’ll be amazed at how drastically this cosmetic dentistry solution can transform your smile. Call one of Smile Solutions of Maine’s offices in Winthrop or Waterville Maine or contact us online to schedule your consultation today!
Here’s the Basics
Dental Veneers are custom-made, ultra-thin, porcelain shells that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are durable and can be made to match the existing color of your teeth, or they can be made a whiter, brighter shade than your natural teeth. Veneers are a great way to correct crooked, cracked, discolored, and misshapen teeth for a vastly improved smile. Our dentists at our offices in Waterville and Winthrop, ME make sure that they match the rest of your teeth character, shape, and shade.
Our dentists will recommend veneers to:
- Minimally correct the size of a tooth or lengthen worn teeth
- Fix minimal wear on your teeth
- Repair enamel discrepancies which causes dark teeth or tetracycline staining
- Close spaces between teeth which at times requires very minimal roughening of the tooth surface
- Help balance forces on teeth by putting back what has been lost due to wear
Are Veneers Permanent?
Once veneers get bonded to the natural tooth structure they become permanent. Dental veneers get bonded to enamel, which means their bond is even stronger to regular full coverage crowns. The only way to remove them is to actually cut them off with a high-speed hand-piece.
Will Veneers Ruin Your Teeth?
Just the opposite actually; veneers are designed to protect your teeth. Our dentist place veneers to replace the natural tooth structure that you have lost and protect the remaining enamel. They are very conservative and require very minimal removal of tooth structure. For instance, a crown preparation requires about 1.5mm to 2mm of tooth structure removal, where as a veneer only requires 0.3mm to 0.6mm.
You’ll be Amazed at the Benefits that Veneers Offer
Veneers are an amazing cosmetic option to strengthen and enhance your smile. The major advantages of veneers are that they:
- Require very conservative removal of your tooth’s structure
- Are very esthetic
- Are long lasting
- Don’t stain
- Require no metal substructure underneath.
- Are bonded which means they strengthen and protect teeth from cracking.
- Are very natural
- Do not create sensitivity issues because they do not involve the dentin but only get bonded to enamel
Interested in finding out more? Chat with one of our dentists about it today!
Our Process for Crafting Personalized Veneers for Your Smile
Each case is unique and teeth are sculptured to match our patient’s personality and facial characteristics. We offer a variety of different types of porcelain veneers depending on the actual location in the mouth, characterization that we are trying to create, and thickness of the material. However, our most common and esthetic option is feldspathic veneers. Our dentists will work with you to find the right type that will strength and enhance your smile.
Typically, the dentists at our Waterville and Winthrop offices will follow this process when applying dental veneers to your smile.
1. Creating the Molds
Initially, we’ll take preliminary impressions of the upper and lower arch, along with multiple pictures. We will then spend a time preparing and waxing the length of the tooth for the veneers.
2. Making Sure We Get the Look Just Right
During your second visit, we use a temporary material that goes over your teeth to give you an idea of how your veneers will look. One of the advantages of choosing Smile Solutions of Maine is that we can show our patients exactly what the final esthetic result will look like with a mock up approach without removing any tooth structure. We will take multiple pictures and discuss any concerns you might have and adjust our models accordingly. Once you approve and are happy with the result, only then will we proceed to the actual procedure. You’ll have full control of this appointment and it is one of the most rewarding experiences for us and our patients. If you need more time to evaluate your veneers, we can email you your pictures and mockups discuss the esthetics with their family or friends prior to moving forward with the final procedure.
Creating and Applying Your Final Veneers
Once you have approved the look of your veneers, our extremely talented technicians will begin work on creating your beautiful porcelain veneers. Our lab technicians will craft a natural result that will look just like your natural teeth. Once the veneers are ready, our dentists will attach them to your tooth’s enamel.
Veneers Really Are Worth It
Dental veneers are one of the best cosmetic procedures we offer.
- They preserve the natural tooth structure and require very minimal preparation.
- They are very natural so most people will admire your teeth without knowing that it’s a veneer.
- They help stabilize forces in your mouth by adding material where wear is evident.
- They get bonded vs cemented like full coverage crowns. This means that their bond is stronger than crowns and it is extremely rare that they will become loose.
- Will give extra strength to thinner teeth and protect them from breaking or chipping.
Ready to Discover How Veneers Can Perfect Your Smile?
Smile Solutions of Maine has over four decades of experience in helping patient’s achieve Hollywood level smiles. Contact our offices in Waterville and Winthrop and let’s start your journey towards a more beautiful smile!